Wednesday 23 March 2011

Studio Visits : Sixstation

The 2nd studio visit while in Hong Kong was with Benny Luk - founder of Sixstation design studio.

In general, the discussion I had with Benny from Sixstation was again quite insightful and at times off putting in terms of working in hong kong. He went through my portfolio picking out questions and challenging my thought process which gave me the opportunity to explain my decisions and design practice.

One of benny's main points was that I needed a bit more variation in my folio, he complimented on my use of typography and that my knowledge, skills and ability with using type in my design was evident in the work, but if I was to consider working in Hong Kong, I should really consider experimenting and including other types of work such as digital media, motion and web etc.

This is a pretty interesting point as it opposes what **** more text to follow****

No comments:

Post a Comment