Wednesday 23 March 2011

Placement : Qubik

Since November last year, I've been going to Joe's studio for a one day a week placement on and off, depending on how busy college work got. More recently I've picked this back up now that the dissertations been submitted. Although I do have quite a lot of work on from college, I feel that having a single day out of uni would be a good additional practice, which is also manageable alongside everything else that I have on. It makes me manage my time and days more efficiently knowing that I have a day less than everyone else to be in the studio, which makes more committed to my work I guess. So far, it's working out alright, I'm getting decent professional experience, getting a different taste of studio culture than my previous placements and working on quite a diverse range of work quite often for the cultural sector.

What I enjoy about the experience from Qubik is that it's a small design studio so getting feedback on my work and the dialogue is very casual, unlike other placements when I'd probably only get to see the art director once every 3 days while I'm there. In general, I'm enjoying the experience and hope to continue this for a few more weeks and see where that goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment