Tuesday 14 September 2010

Visiting Music - Manchester

Music; another Manchester based award winning design studio. I have referenced Music many times already in my design context and presentations during the past 2 years. Their work relates quite strongly with the stuff I really want to get into, in terms of the design direction and the range of applications and clients that they have worked with. The first time I got in touch was about half a year ago, mainly to receive some feedback off some of my recent projects, which they got back to quite promptly, Matt who emailed back gave some great advice and feedback on my work, which had an influence on my design strategy over the last couple of months of my 2nd year.

Over the summer, I got back to them again, to let them know that I have setup my site and would appreciate some feedback on some of my recent projects and also to see if they'd be free to meet up for a brief chat. Craig from Music got back in touch and I went round to their studio to pay a visit and have a chat. Again, similar to previous visits, I got some great feedback, both positive and constructive. Again the main points he raised that I could improve on was to bring actual mockups or finished outcomes to talk through. Eventhough my print outs were well presented, it would be beneficial to show off the print finishes to demonstrate my considerations with print and attention to detail.

Amongst the feedback, I got a brief history about Music as a design studio, the work and the direction they're heading which was insightful! Looking around there small but very nice studio, and getting to see some of their work again reminded me how much I'd want to experience working there!

Before leaving, Craig again was kind enough to help me out with my dissertation research, so that's another designer to send my questions to regarding my dissertation topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment