Saturday 22 May 2010

Work Placement 02

My 2nd placement over the summer is at True North, a Manchester based design studio consisting of a relatively small team of designers and creative directors. They work on a diverse range of design project ranging from branding, packaging to exhibition work, which was what appealed to me initially. Their work seems very conceptual and considered, nothing seems to decorative for the sake of adding aethetics, which is something I'm trying to focus on.

Again, similar to IdN I will be working at True North for a month over the summer. Hopefully this would provide an opportunity for me to work alongside other designers to get an idea of what it's like working in a design studio that's of relatively small scale. From placement, I aim to improve my understanding and experience with working on a range of projects with a small team of designers in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment