Saturday 22 May 2010

Work Placement 01://

After getting in contact with numerous design studios and design individuals whose work I admired and shared similar interests in their way of thinking and design solutions, I finally managed to secure a placement for the summer period. This would be at IdN magazine, they're are monthly publication that focuses on a specific field of design and visual communication for each issue. They're based in Hong Kong but distribute internationally. Aswell as the magazine itself, they also have a number of books that they've designed and published under IdN, they also seem to be quite well connected with design events around the world.

I chose to apply to IdN because I wanted to work with a studio practice that dealt with publications/ editorial again. IdN was one of my top choices as I really like the way it's written and designed, with each issue focusing on a very specific field of design. They also utilise many print finishes and seem to take a lot of care into detail and also seem very current with design trends in an international scale. After working at HK Magazine last year, also in Hong Kong I wanted to experience working overseas again and absorbing the lifestyle and studio culture. From the 4 weeks placement there, I hope to gain experience and knowledge around putting a publication together in a small team, networking with other designers and also overseeing what the studio culture and design practice is like.    

No comments:

Post a Comment