Saturday 22 May 2010

Brooklyn Brotherhood competition://



Brooklyn Brothers are a design and advertising agency with offices in London and New York City. Over the Easter break, I entered one of their competitions, the format was very open and pretty much invited people to create something interesting about their hometown and where they came from etc.

I entered this, without much initial thought, they seemed quite big and I just wanted to create a simple print booklet that utilises photography so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. As I was back home for the week I spent a day cycling around taken photos of the dingy corners of my home town.

The concept was simple, I wanted to capture my hometown in it's raw state, so kept the framing quite natural to how you'd normally see it. This was then laid out in an A5 format book with the details and timing of each photograph printed. The PDF was then submitted to the Brooklyn Brotherhood competition in it's it original state aswell as an ISSU publication link as shown below. 

My submission://


A couple of months later, they got back in touch and said that my submission came out as one of the top ones so wanted to hear more about me and what I do. From this, I'm now planning on going down to London in June to meet them and discuss something......

No comments:

Post a Comment