Saturday 14 May 2011

Business Card development

I'm well aware that I'm at the point where I really need to start getting some business cards ready for the end of year show and for when I graduate. Eventhough I am planning on gaining some professional experience through internships and placements for the first year of graduating, and ultimately getting a job out of it, I would still need business cards for picking up freelance work. This also ties in with our joint venture of studio co-lab with Ian Prentice, which would act as a loose freelance partnership between us both, which would also allow us to pursue other opportunities.

My last cards were laser cut onto 4mm acrylic, which was impressive to hand out but was only a viable option for short amounts. I'm now looking to print between 500 - 1000 cards which would last me a few years hopefully. I think 500 would be a safe amount really but looking at some of the quotes I've been receiving, I'm a bit tempted to go the extra bit and get 1000 instead.

Here are some development anyway, straight away I've changed from the initial portrait orientation to landscape as it feels a bit more standardised but also something that I'm a bit more used to looking at, I really don't want to be fed up with my own business card after a few months so just tried to focus my design on pure function and with a considered approach.

I've decided not to use colour purely because of 2 reasons:
1. I can't decide on one
2. Don't want it to date so quickly, so focused on perfecting the layout/type and keep it neutral. 


Also 2 reasons for designing just for 1 side:
1. I can barely manage to afford foil for one side let alone duplex!
2. I'm not putting a full address onto my cards so felt that having it both sides meant that both sides would looks really bare especially as I don't particularly want a 'logo'.

A selection of my personal favourites.



No comments:

Post a Comment